The privacy of our clients is one of the main pillars of Casa C’Alma Policy.
Clients should read this policy before sending personal data. Personal data refers to all information collected and recorded which identifies someone personally (e.g. name, address, contacts, etc).
Clients should certify that any children under the age of 18 do not send us any personal data without their authorization.
Within the scope of this policy, Casa C’Alma pledges to:
• Explain the purpose and processing of any personal data requested;
• Use personal data only for the purposes mentioned in this policy;
• Only request the personal data necessary, taking measures to maintain such data up to date;
• Maintain personal data for the time required for processing in accordance with local legislation;
• Make available to clients the means to access, amend, correct or delete their personal data;
• Maintain the personal data which is supplied to us confidential and secure, except if we are otherwise required to release such data as a consequence of a legal order.
1. Collection and Processing of Personal Data
As a client of Casa C’Alma, your personal data and/or the personal data of members of your family may be requested for different purposes, more specifically:
1. Contacts: name, nationality, telephone number, e-mail, address, etc;
2. Date of birth;
3. Credit card details;
4. Dates of arrival at and departure from our guesthouse;
5. Information on children: name, date of birth, age, e-mail;
6. Interests and preferences: e.g. location of room required, type of room and bed requested required, etc;
7. Possible client comments during or after a stay at Casa C’Alma.
We do not request sensitive information such as: religious or philosophical beliefs, political opinions, information on health, racial origin or ethnicity, sexual orientation or union membership.
Personal data may be requested in different circumstances, including (but not limited to) the following:
1. Casa C’Alma activities (e.g. room reservation, check-in and check-out; complaints or requests);
2. Supply of information from tour operators, travel agencies or on-line reservation systems;
3. Internet activities (connection to Casa C’Alma site; completing of forms to request online data – for example, online reservations, questionnaires, etc).
2. Objectives of Requesting Personal Data
Personal data is requested with the following objectives:
• Management of reservation and stay of clients;
• Improvement of the services we provide in our guesthouse so as to understand client needs and exceed their expectations;
• Personalization of our services;
3. Sharing of Personal Data
Casa C’Alma may share the personal data of clients:
• Local authorities – should it be required by local legislation or as part of internal Casa C’Alma investigations, in accordance with legal requirements.
4. Accessing, Changing and Deleting Personal Data
Clients may access, correct, add to, update or delete their personal data by contacting Casa C’Alma by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or letter: Praça das Flores, 48 1ºFloor 1200-192 Lisbon. Such requests will be dealt with as quickly as possible. Casa C’Alma may request a copy of a valid identification document so as to protect client privacy and confirm identification, before making any changes.
5. Security of personal data
Casa C’Alma has implemented the necessary technical and organizational measures, in compliance with legal requirements, with the aim of protecting the personal data of clients, ensuring confidentiality in accordance with the principles as described in this policy.
Whenever information is requested on credit cards, this communication is made through secure SSL (Secured Sockets Layer) lines, when you are using a browser which allows SSL, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer or Google Chrome.